Thursday, October 30, 2008

Johnson City Ride Day 2

Day 2: Gettysburg

The sun! Yeah the sun!
Off to Gettysburg proper. I only had a half a day. To maximize my time I dropped by the visitor’s bureau where I found a helpful woman who instructed me on where to spend my time most efficiently.Gettysburg Visitors Center



Cool train station across the street
Gettysburg Train Statio

Off to the new museum first
Gettysburg Museum

I watched a great presentation on the battle and then it was upstairs to a 360 degree cyclorama painting of the battle. They do a real nice job of telling the story.
Gettysburg Cyclorama

I walked through the museum that is laid out chronologically then it was off with my map and new knowledge to ride around the battlefield on my bike.

A view from Little Round top
View from Little Round Top

There are monuments everywhere!
Gettysburg Monument

I really enjoyed my visit there. It was pretty emotional. I wish I had more time but it was noon and the road was calling.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like a great way to spend the day!