Thursday, June 26, 2008

Laconia "08" It was as fun as I wanted it to be.


Another Laconia bike week is in the books. By all accounts attendance is down this year. I felt the same way last year. All the Monday morning quarterbacks will debate the reasons why this is so. Weather, Police presence, economy, scheduling, same old thing, combination, whatever,

I went up for a couple of nights and had a good time. I camped out at Hawg Hill where the hospitality was great. I partied a bit and I rode a bit. I was ready to go home when I did as I always do. The feeling this year certainly was subdued. I think in general everywhere people are feeling subdued. I know I do every time I pick up the paper or fill my tank. It’s a sign of the times. There were fewer venders in Laconia and the lines were quite a bit smaller. It was a down year for sure. Things I hear about Daytona and Myrtle Beach are similar. It’s just the way it is this year so get out make your fun the best way you can with what is available. Everything really is what you make it anyways.

A few pics :)

A rounder ride?

Partying at "The Spoke"

Ready to go home

No comments: