Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Rounder Round Up In Niagara (RUIN)

Another annual Rounder Rally is in the books. It was an excellent weekend with good weather and better company.

Friday Gail and I were kickstand up at 7:30 in the morning. It was a little chilly in the high 40s. Our plan was to go to the Peterboro Diner for breakfast than meet a couple of Rounders (Leftlane and Xaque) at Bickfords in Brattleboro VT for the rest of the ride to Niagara Falls Ontario.
Pretty much everything was going without a hitch until Gail let me know I had no headlight. In Brattleboro I tried changing a blown fuse only to find the new fuse immediately blew. Change of plans. Brunswick Harley Davidson was on the way so we decided we would stop and see what they could do for me. They were awesome. I was back on the road in an hour and a half with a repaired shorted wire in my left hand control. Their service was impressive. The rest of the trip went uneventful with the exception of a near miss on acquiring a performance award for passing on a double yellow and speeding. I guess the officer didn’t want to put down his newspaper. We rolled into Niagara around 7PM. The beers were cold, the pizza hot and the smiles from all the Rounders warm and friendly.
Saturday Gail and I did the tourist thing after securing dinner arrangements for the group.



We walked around Niagara Falls taking in the local flavor.
Dinner was good at the Hard Rock Café, swag was passed out and many laughs were had by all. Sunday dawned sunny DPRyan on his new old K75RT and Xaque joined us for the trip home. We had great weather all the way to Mass then we caught up with the clouds and the last two hours were raw and cool. All in all it was a great trip. I can definitely feel the stiffness of my first big ride of the year.

No comments: